Off Again!

 Tomar, Fatima, Coimbra then north to Porto and Santiago de Compostela


Before I start posting I thought I had best clarify what my plans are.  The Camino Portuguese begins in Lisbon, heading north to Santiago de Compostela.  Though quite a few people start there, many more start at Porto, which is roughly the half way point.

I will spend a few days exploring Lisbon, before beginning to walk.  I plan to begin in Tomar, walk west into Fatima, another pilgrimage destination, and from there head north to Coimbra along the Carmelite Way, before picking up the Camino.  Both Tomar, and Coimbra, a university town, are old medieval towns, and I am looking forward to exploring them.  From Coimbra I continue north to Porto, and it is here that I will meet my friend Julie.  Together we will walk to Santiago de Compostela, taking the detour / variant known as the Espiritual Variant.  This is the plan at the moment, but it is dependant on many factors - health, fitness, and weather to name a few.

I hope you enjoy hearing about my experiences along the way.

Comments

  1. God bless your pilgrimage, Janet. May you have beautiful encounters on your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Certainly enjoy seeing progress of your journey. May you make many happy memories.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Santiago de Compostela

The last two stages into Porto.

Pontevedra